Wendel Van Treeck, an agriculturist residing on section 18, Wi]son township, is the owner of one hundred and twenty acres of land and devotes his attention principally to dairying. He is numbered among the worthy natives sons of Sheboygan county, his birth having occurred in Wilson township on the 18th of April, 1855. His parents, Peter J. and Josephine (Ott) Van Treeck, are mentioned at greater length on another page of this work in connection with the sketch of Rev. J. P. Van Treeck, a brother of our subject.
Wendel Van Treeck was educated in the district schools of his native township and assisted his father in the operation of the home farm until twenty-nine years of age. At that time he purchased a tract of thirty-five acres from his father, later bought thirty-five acres of land in Lima township and a twenty acre tract in Wilson township. Subsequently he augumented his holdings by an additional purchase of twenty acres in Wilson township and at the time of his father's death bought ten acres of timber land, so that his landed holdings now embrace one hundred and twenty acres. He devotes his attention principally to dairying and milks on an average of eighteen cows, raising but little grain.
On the 20th of July, 1886, in Wilson township, Mr. Van Treeck was united in marriage to Miss Hilda Lorge, of Ozaukee county, Wisconsin. Unto them have been born eleven children, as follows: Jacob, who is deceased; Agnes, the wife of Adam Heilmann, of Wilson township; Tony; Kathrina; Francis; Alois; Lena, who has passed away; Margaret; Anna; Rosa; and Regina.
Mr. Van Treeck gives his political allegiance to the democracy and has served as assessor of Wilson township. He is a 'devout communicant of the Catholic church at St. George. In the community where his entire life has been spent he has long enjoyed recognition as a successful agriculturist and representative and respected citizen.
Information gathered and adapted from History of Sheboygan County, Wisconsin, Past and Present
Carl Zillier, Editor
Pubished by The S.J. Clarke Publishing Company, 1912, Chicago, IL