Dr. 0. E. Imig, who is engaged in the practice of dentistry in Sheboygan, is a worthy representative of a well known pioneer family. He was born in this city, on the 21st of January, 1875, and is a son of Charles and Laura (Stuebgen) Imig. The father, who is now deceased, was for many years identified with the commercial interests of the city, having been the proprietor of one of the leading clothing stores. The mother is living and continues to make her home in this city.
Dr. Imig was reared amid the refining influences of a good home and at the usual age began his education in the common schools. After graduating from the high school he took a course in a local business college, thus preparing himself for the more practical duties of life. Having decided that he preferred a professional to a commercial career he subsequently matriculated in the Ohio Dental College of Cincinnati, from which institution he was awarded the degree of D. D. S. in 1904. Immediately thereafter he returned to his native city and established an office and in the intervening years has succeeded in building up a remunerative practice. He possesses more than average ability and this united with his thorough training has enabled him to develop into a highly capable and skilful representative of his profession.
In September, 1908, Dr. Imig was united in marriage to Miss Esther Halverson, a daughter of Halver Halverson of this city, and to them has been born one son, Donald. Fraternally Dr. Imig is affiliated with the Knights of Pythias and the Eagles and has many friends in both of these orders. He is held in high regard by his fellow practitioners as he is a man who rigidly observes the ethics of his profession, to which he is a credit, owing to his progressive and enterprising methods, and he is equally popular in business and social circles and retains the stanch loyalty of many of his boyhood comrades.
Information gathered and adapted from History of Sheboygan County, Wisconsin, Past and Present
Carl Zillier, Editor
Pubished by The S.J. Clarke Publishing Company, 1912, Chicago, IL