Harry Stirdivant is engaged in the manufacture and sale of cement blocks. He was born in the township of Sheboygan, Sheboygan county, February 7, 1885, and is a son of Jasper Stirdivant, a native of Indiana, who with his parents removed to Sheboygan when he was but a child. Harry Stirdivant was reared in his father's home and educated in the public schools at Sheboygan. He remained under the parental roof until twenty years of age. During his early years as a young man he was engaged in the employment of the railroad and later became an apprenticed molder, continuing in that vocation until he had mastered the secrets of the trade. For two years his time was entirely devoted to this business as a paid employee. He then established himself in business at Riverside, where he has since been engaged in the manufacture of cement blocks. His works are equipped with all modern machinery and his product is in use throughout the city wherever buildings of substantial structure are required.
Mr. Stirdivant was united in marriage to Miss Anna Pegelow, a daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Christian Pegelow, who are natives of Germany. To Mr. and Mrs. Stirdivant three children have been born, Arno, Mabel and Lida, all of whom are at home with their parents. Mr. Stirdivant is a member of the Crocker Rid Society of Sheboygan. He has built up a business from a very small beginning into a commercial plant, the product of which is now preferably used in the surrounding cities in this section of the state. His goods bear the stamp of first-class material and perfect workmanship. Being a practical molder himself, he is able to so safeguard the manufacture of his product as to deliver to the public material that cannot be surpassed in the foundation and construction of buildings or bridge work. He is a man highly respected in his community and known to be a gentleman of strict integrity in all his dealings with his fellow citizens.
Information gathered and adapted from History of Sheboygan County, Wisconsin, Past and Present
Carl Zillier, Editor
Pubished by The S.J. Clarke Publishing Company, 1912, Chicago, IL