Christ Sixel

Christ Sixel, a native son of Sheboygan county, devotes his time and energies to the operation of an excellent farm of one hundred and twelve acres which he owns on section 9, Mosel township. It was in that township that his birth occurred, his natal day being May 12, 1873. His father, George Sixel, a native of Germany; was but three years of age when brought to America by his parents, Christopher and Barbara Sixel. The family home was established in Mosel township, Sheboygan county, Wisconsin, where George Sixel continued to reside until called to his final rest in 1go8 at the age of fifty-eight years. His widow still resides in Mosel township, where she has an extensive circle of friends.

Christ Sixel was educated in the district schools and when not busy with textbooks assisted his father in the operation of the home farm, early gaining a thorough knowledge of the best methods of tilling the soil and caring for crops. In 1899 he started out as an agriculturist on his own account, purchasing the farm of one hundred and twelve acres which he now owns and operates. The fields of early spring give promise of golden harvests in the autumn, for he is practical in his methods and progressive in all that he undertakes. He raises the cereals best adapted to soil and climate, and their annual sale yields him a gratifying income.

On the 19th of October, 1899, Mr. Sixel was united in marriage to Miss Amelia Feidler, of Meeme, Manitowoc county, her father being Robert Feidler, an agriculturist by occupation. Our subject and his wife have two children, Palmer and Alwin, both at home. Mr. Sixel has served his fellow townsmen in the capacity of road master. His religious faith is that of the Evangelical church. Both he and his estimable wife have a host of warm friends throughout the community and justly merit the regard and esteem which is uniformly accorded them.


Source

Information gathered and adapted from History of Sheboygan County, Wisconsin, Past and Present
Carl Zillier, Editor
Pubished by The S.J. Clarke Publishing Company, 1912, Chicago, IL