Hugo F. Reinhold

Hugo F. Reinhold, senior partner in the firm of Reinhold and Meyer, dealers in general hardware and dairy supplies, has been a resident of Plymouth for eighteen years, and during the greater part of that time he has been actively engaged in business. He was born in Germany on the 29th of April, 1865, and is a son of Edward Reinhold, also a native of Germany. The father emigrated to the United States in 1864 and the next year he returned to the old country for his wife and family. When he came back he and his family located on a farm in Washington county, and for eleven years thereafter he energetically applied himself to the cultivation and improvement of this place. At the end of that time he removed to Hartford, this state, going from there to Horicon, but he is now living retired in Fond du Lac. Mr. Reinhold was twice married. To him and his first wife, the mother of our subject, there were born three children, and of the second marriage there were born six.

Hugo F. Reinhold, who was only an infant when brought to the United States by his parents, obtained his education in the public schools of the various towns in Wisconsin where the family resided. After mastering the common branches he laid aside his text-books and for two years thereafter worked on a farm. He next apprenticed himself to a tinsmith at Hartford, following this occupation for three years. At the end of that time he went to Fond du Lac, settling in Glenbeulah, this state, the next year. He remained there for five years, then returned to Fond du Lac for a year, whence he again went to Glenbeulah. His residence in the latter place covered three years this time, during two of which he worked at his trade and the other year he engaged in the sawmill business. From there he went to Madison and took up the tinner's trade, but subsequently withdrew from this and identified himself with the dry-goods business in Glenbeulah for a year. In 1894 he came to Plymouth to take a position as tinsmith with Mr. Shorer, the hardware dealer. Two years later he disposed of his store to a Mr. Miller, who conducted it for a year, then sold it to Mr. Leader.

Mr. Reinhold continued to be identified with the enterprise during the various changes in management until two years after Mr. Leader became the proprietor, when he resigned his position. In 1901, he engaged in business for himself with a small line of shelf and heavy hardware and dairy supplies under the firm name of H. F. Reinhold. He was well known in the town and surrounding country and soon succeeded in building up a fine trade. Four years later he took Mr. Meyer into partnership with him, and with the extra capital thus supplied they purchased the property and building they now occupy, and after building an addition to their store increased their stock. They now have a fine line of general hardware and dairy supplies and enjoy a large and constantly increasing patronage. Mr. Reinhold has prospered in a most gratifying manner and in addition to his interest in the store is a stockholder in the Swartz Manufacturing Company.

In 1888, at Plymouth, Wisconsin, Mr. Reinhold was united in marriage to Miss Ida Xluesel, a daughter of Oswell and Elizabeth Muesel, the father a native of Germany. Three children have been born to Mr. and Mrs. Reinhold, as follows: Alma B., Walterand Elna.

Mr. Reinhold has always led a very energetic life and justly merits the prosperity that is now attending his efforts.


Source

Information gathered and adapted from History of Sheboygan County, Wisconsin, Past and Present
Carl Zillier, Editor
Pubished by The S.J. Clarke Publishing Company, 1912, Chicago, IL