John Lutz

John Lutz is a well known citizen throughout the county of Sheboygan, in which for many years he has been engaged in a successful merchandising business. He was born in Wiirtemberg, Germany, on the 2nd of May, 1868, and is a son of Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Lutz. With his parents he emigrated to America in 1881 and settled on a farm near Sheboygan, Wisconsin.

His father later purchased a farm of fifteen acres and in addition to the care required in the cultivation of this land he also leased additional land on which he conducted a general farming business. To Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Lutz seven children were born, six of whom survive. Andrew is the owner of farm lands in Nebraska and at present is living a retired life in the city of Sheboygan. Martha:, who resides in Sheboygan, is the wife of Charles Rohde, who is by occupation a farmer. Ager is the deceased wife of Charles Hildebrandt, who is engaged in the grocery business in Sheboygan.

Five children were born to them. Annie became the wife of George Keller, of Sheboygan, and the mother of two children. Mr. Keller is by profession a moulder and at present is the foreman of the shop in which he is employed. Joseph, who is married and has four children, is engaged in factory contracting. John, the subject of this review, is the next member of the family. Martin, of Sheboygan, who is married and has four children, is employed in a chair factory.

John Lutz was reared in his father's home and educated in the public schools of Sheboygan. where he also attended the parochial schools, from which he was graduated upon the completion of his course of studies. Immediately following his graduation he was employed in various factories in Sheboygan and later entered into partnership with his brother-in-law, Charles Hildebrandt, and engaged in the general grocery and notion business. In this concern he remained for a period of twenty consecutive years, at the end of which time he disposed of his entire holdings in the establishment, selling his interest to Charles Hildebrandt, after which he became the proprietor of a saloon and dance hall one block south of the city limits on South Eighth street. He is a member of the Eagles and the Turnverein.


Source

Information gathered and adapted from History of Sheboygan County, Wisconsin, Past and Present
Carl Zillier, Editor
Pubished by The S.J. Clarke Publishing Company, 1912, Chicago, IL