General farming and dairying engage the attention of Frederick C. Langner, who owns and operates eighty-two acres of well improved and highly cultivated land on sections 16 and 17, Lima township, this county. He was born on the old homestead located on section 17 of this township on the 27th of June, 1871, and is a son of Frederick William and Carlina Langner, well known pioneer residents of Sheboygan county. The father's birth occurred June 12, 1827, at Schlabitz by Militsch, Silesia, Germany, and he was a son of Charles and Susanna (Benisch) Langner. In 1854 he married Miss Caroline Giersemehl, and they became the parents of two sons and four daughters, as follows: Frederick C., of this review; William F., a farmer and landowner of Lima township, of whom a sketch appears elsewhere in this work; Rose, who married John Dankwart, both of whom are deceased; Caroline, who passed away at the age of fourteen; Mary, who passed away when a child of ten; and Augusta, who married Henry Hartman and died the following year.
The father settled in Sheboygan county in 1858.The early life of Frederick C. Langner was very similar to those of other lads reared in the rural districts of Wisconsin during the pioneer period. He obtained his education in this township, having been a student in the school in district No. 3, which he attended until he had mastered the common branches. While still in his early boyhood he was assigned regular duties about the farm, assisting in its cultivation until he was seventeen years of age when he left the parental roof and went to Sheboygan to learn the carpenter's trade. He remained there for two years and then returned home, and resumed his agricultural pursuits, residing with his parents until he was married, at the age of twenty-two. Immediately following this event he rented the farm adjoining the homestead from his father, and has ever since devoted his time and energy to its cultivation. For twelve years thereafter he rented the property, but in April, 1905, he purchased it.
During the period of his ownership, Mr. Langner has greatly increased the value of the property by the erection of a new house, barn and other buildings, and he has also introduced many modern improvements that have largely added to the convenience and appearance of the place. He engages in diversified farming, raising an extensive variety of crops, in connection with which he is also engaged in dairying, his cattle being graded Holsteins. The efforts of Mr. Langner have been attended with more than average success, as he is diligent and practical in his methods and executes his work in a well defined and systematic manner. The condition of his fields and stock and the general appearance of his place, bespeak capable supervision and intelligent regard for details.
On the 5th of November, 1893, Mr. Langner consummated his plans for a home of his own by his marriage to Miss Minnie Damron, a daughter of Gottfried and Mary Damron, well known residents of Sheboygan Falls township, and to them have been born two daughters; Meta arid 'Edna, both of whom are at home. The family are members of the Lutheran church of Sheboygan Falls, while politically Mr. Langner gives his support to such men and measures as he deems best qualified to subserve the interests of the majority, regardless of party affiliation.
Information gathered and adapted from History of Sheboygan County, Wisconsin, Past and Present
Carl Zillier, Editor
Pubished by The S.J. Clarke Publishing Company, 1912, Chicago, IL