Charles Joslin, who for many years has been extensively engaged in the feeding and shipping of stock, owns and operates a farm of one hundred and fifty acres located two and a half miles west of Sheboygan Falls. He is a son of Charles A. and Anna Joslin, who were married in Sheboygan Falls and passed the entire period of their domestic life in this township. The father was a native of Oneida county, New York but in his early manhood he came west to Wisconsin, and in 1854 filed on a homestead five miles north of Sheboygan Falls, and devoted the remainder of his life to its operation. The farm, which is one of the valuable properties of that section, is now owned by his son Harrison, who is mentioned at greater length elsewhere in this work. He was one of the enterprising and progressive citizens of the pioneer-period, and contributed his quota toward the development of the county, which remained his home until his death in 1897.
Our subject is the eldest son and second child born to his parents, the other members of the family being as follows: Frances, the widow of George Goodwin, whose death occurred in 1909 and whose home was in Burlington, Wisconsin; Alice, the wife of Fred Pierce, of Michigan; May, who died in 1887 and who was the wife of R. Dye, who with their son resides at Antigo, Wisconsin; Harrison, who is the owner of the old home farm; William, who is married and residing at Cascade, this county; Sarah, who died in childhood; Nettie, who became the wife of G. Obbelode; and Nancy, who was living on the old homestead with her parents when she passed away in 1896.
Sheboygan county has always been the home of Charles Joslin, who was reared on a farm and educated in the district schools. The eldest son in a large family he was early called upon to assist his father with the tilling of the fields and care of the crops, and long before he had attained his maturity was a skilled agriculturist and did a man's work. He was diligent and enterprising, and subsequently acquired the means to buy his present farm in Sheboygan Falls township. It contains one hundred and fifty acres of land, which under the capable direction of Mr. Joslin has been brought under high cultivation. His fields have been carefully tilled and fertilized and are planted to such cereals as are best adapted to the soil, and thus annually produce abundant harvests. For the past thirty-three years he has devoted the greater part of his time and attention to feeding and shipping stock, being one of the foremost men in this line of business in the county. His undertakings have prospered and he is numbered among the substantial citizens of his township. His realty holdings now aggregate one hundred and fifty acres, as in 1886 he acquired the title to a thirty acre tract in Lima township, which he still owns.
On the 3rd of December, 1891, Mr. Joslin was married to Miss Jennie Stevens, a daughter of Seva and Mary Stevens, natives of New York, who came to Sheboygan county during the pioneer days. Here the father passed away but the mother is still living and now makes her home in Plymouth.
Mr. and Mrs. Joslin have two children, Lucille and Marion, both of whom are attending school. Mr. Joslin is a republican in his political views. His wife is a member of the Methodist Episcopal church to the activities of which she lends her helpful interest. Having passed his entire life in this immediate vicinity, Mr. Joslin is widely known and has many friends, as he is a genial man and conducts his affairs in such a manner as to commend him to the confidence of those who have dealings with him.
Information gathered and adapted from History of Sheboygan County, Wisconsin, Past and Present
Carl Zillier, Editor
Pubished by The S.J. Clarke Publishing Company, 1912, Chicago, IL