Byron A. Gaffron is one of the enterprising and successful merchants of Plymouth, Wisconsin, where he is engaged in the general hardware business, his store being one of the finest and best stocked establishments in his part of the state. He was born in Milledgeville, Illinois, a son of Anthony G. and Anna (Berkner) Gaffron, and the brother of Otto Gaffron, a sketch of whom appears on another page of this work. He was reared in his father's home and educated in the public schools of Plymouth.
In 1881 he engaged as a clerk in the hardware store of R. R. Schorer and in 1889, in company with Mr. Eberhardt, he established himself in the hardware business under the firm name of Gaffron & Eberhardt. He later purchased the interest of Mr. Eberhardt and in 1895 bought out the Laack Hardware Store and admitted Mr. Trowbridge to partnership. In 1899 Mr. Leifer purchased the interest of Mr. Trowbridge in the business and the firm name was changed to Gaffron & Leifer, since which time it has been so operated. Gaffron & Leifer are among the largest and most up-to-date dealers in general hardware in Sheboygan county.
Mr. Gaffron was united in marriage on May 14, 1891, to Miss Ida Michi, a daughter of Carl and Ida (Neuernberger) Michi. To Mr. and Mrs. Gaffron three children have been born. Carlton and Edgar are both pupils of the high school in Plymouth, and Evelyn is attending the German parochial school. Mr. Gaffron is a member of the Fraternal Order of Eagles, the Royal Arcanum and the Equitable Fraternal Union. He is also a member of the Modern Woodmen of America and of the National Fraternal League. He has twice served in the office of city treasurer of Plymouth. He and his family are members of the Lutheran church. Byron A. Gaffron is one of the highly respected and repreĽ sentative citizens of Sheboygan county and is a man of unquestioned integrity in his business transactions.
Information gathered and adapted from History of Sheboygan County, Wisconsin, Past and Present
Carl Zillier, Editor
Pubished by The S.J. Clarke Publishing Company, 1912, Chicago, IL