George Flaig, who engages in general farming and dairying in Wilson township, was born on the farm where he now resides on the 16th of January, 1871, and is a son of Mathias and Bertha Flaig. The father, who is a native of Germany, emigrated to the United States in his early life 'and located on the farm in Wilson township that is now being operated by his son. He diligently applied himself to the further improvement and cultivation of this place until 1903, when he withdrew from active work and is now living retired with our subject.
In the acquirement of his education George Flaig attended the district and German Lutheran parochial schools until he was confirmed at the age of sixteen years. He then turned his attention to the work of the home farm, in the cultivation of which he assisted his father until the latter's retirement, when he rented the place and engaged in farming for himself.
The farm comprises one hundred acres, ten of which is in timber while forty acres is devoted to grain. Mr. Flaig keeps graded stock and in connection with the cultivation of his fields he does some dairying and milks twelve cows.
On the 25th of May, 1896, in Wilson township, was celebrated the marriage of Mr. Flaig and Miss Laura Liebe of Mosel township, and to them have been born three children: Edwin, who is fifteen years of age; one who died in infancy; and Lauretta, who has passed the seventh anniversary of her birth.
The family affiliate with the German Lutheran church in which the parents hold membership, and Mr. Flaig gives his political support to the democratic party. He is a very public-spirited man and takes an active interest in affairs, particularly of a political nature, affecting the welfare of the community.
Information gathered and adapted from History of Sheboygan County, Wisconsin, Past and Present
Carl Zillier, Editor
Pubished by The S.J. Clarke Publishing Company, 1912, Chicago, IL