Louis Conrad

Louis Conrad, who is numbered among the worthy native sons and enterprising agriculturists of Sheboygan county, is engaged in tile operation of a farm of seventy-eight acres on section 8, Mosel township. He was born in Mosel township on the 29th of March, 1870, his parents being Peter and Mary (Prinz) Conrad, more extended mention of whom is made on another page of this work in connection with the sketch of Charles Conrad, a brother of our subject.

In his youthful years Louis Conrad attended the district schools in the acquirement of an education that would fit him for the practical and responsible duties of later life. The work of the fields has claimed his attention throughout his entire life and his labors in this connection have been attended with excellent results. In 1902 he began farming for himself and during the past decade has operated a tract of seventy-eight acres on section 8, Mosel township. He owns stock in the Mosel & Centerville Telephone Company and is well known as one of the substantial and progressive citizens of the community.

On the 25th of July, 1908, Mr. Conrad was united in marriage to Miss Ida Oswald, her father being Louis Oswald, an agriculturist by occupation. They have one child, Verna. Mr. and Mrs. Conrad are members of the Evangelical Association and are widely recognized as people of genuine personal worth.


Source

Information gathered and adapted from History of Sheboygan County, Wisconsin, Past and Present
Carl Zillier, Editor
Pubished by The S.J. Clarke Publishing Company, 1912, Chicago, IL