Dr. H. G. Brueckbauer, who maintains an office at 728 North Eighth street, has been engaged in the practice of medicine and surgery in Sheboygan for the past eight years. He is a native of this county, his birth having occurred at Rhine, on August 27, 1878, and a son of John and Margaret Brueckbauer, the former a native of Hessen-Darmstadt, whence he emigrated to the United States in 1850 with his father. He was long identified with the commercial activities of this county, having engaged in the implement and hardware. business until his death in 1909, at the age of sixty-three years. He was buried in St. John's cemetery at Elkhart, this state, where he had previously resided. The mother is still living.
The preliminary education of Dr. Brucckbauer was acquired in the public schools of the various towns in this county where the family had resided, his course being completed upon his graduation from the Plymouth high school in 1897. During the succeeding three years he was employed as an electrical engineer, but at the expiration of that time he resolved to become a physician and with this end in view matriculated in the St. Louis Homeopathic Medical College. He was awarded the degree of M. D. from this institution in 1904, and immediately thereafter returned to this county and opened an office at his present location. During the intervening years he has had many opportunities to manifest his skill both as a physician and surgeon and that he has proven efficient and capable in both capacities is evidenced by the large practice he now enjoys.
In this city on the 30th of June, 1910, Dr. Brueckbauer was united in marriage to Miss Edith Diehl, a daughter of Paul and Martha Diehl, the father foreman of the Sheboygan Chair factory, and one of the city's highly respected pioneers. Dr. and Mrs. Brueckbauer reside at 328 St. Clair street. They are members of the Congregational church and he belongs to the Modem Woodmen of America, the Equitable Fraternal Union and the Beavers.
Dr. Brueckbauer maintains relations with his fellow practitioners through the medium of his connection with the State Homeopathic Society and the American Institute of Homeopathy, while in politics he is a republican. He is in every way a credit to the profession he has adopted and is held in high esteem by local physicians as well as those who have engaged his services.
Information gathered and adapted from History of Sheboygan County, Wisconsin, Past and Present
Carl Zillier, Editor
Pubished by The S.J. Clarke Publishing Company, 1912, Chicago, IL