The junior member of the firm of Herr & Braun is Albert Braun, who was born in this city, November 24, 1873, a son of Mr. and Mrs. John Braun, both parents being natives of Germany. They were married in the fatherland in 1865 and emigrated to the new world two years later, settling in Sheboygan City. The father became connected with the brewing business, an enterprise which he followed until the time of his retirement.
Albert Braun received his education in the schools of Sheboygan and on arriving at years of maturity engaged in farming, a business which he followed for ten years. In 1898 he entered into partnership with Joseph Herr, purchasing a half interest in the present business, and has since been connected with the firm which is known as Herr & Braun.
Mr. Braun chose as his life helpmate and companion Miss Julia Landgraf, a daughter of Michael and Helen (Vedder) Landgraf. To this union were born five children, Irene, Raymond, Theckla, Edmund and Julia. Mr. Braun is a member of the Fraternal Order of Eagles and St. Peter Claver's Society, being an active and enthusiastic member of those organizations. Through Mr. Braun's connection with the livery which he and his partner are conducting the business has been materially strengthened and broadened in its scope and system. He is an enthusiastic worker, devoting his undivided attention to the matters in which the firm is interested, and he shows a marked aptitude to his present work. He is genial and cordial in his intercourse with customers and with the public in general, thereby materially enhancing the popularity of the well known livery with which he is connected. Mr. Braun is aiding to the extent of his ability in advancing the interests of his native city, and takes a commendable interest in all civic affairs.
Information gathered and adapted from History of Sheboygan County, Wisconsin, Past and Present
Carl Zillier, Editor
Pubished by The S.J. Clarke Publishing Company, 1912, Chicago, IL