August Beutel

August Beutel, who from 1868 to the time of his death in 18g2 was identified with the manufacturing interests of Sheboygan, was born in Prussia, September 27, 1841, emigrated to the new world in 1867 and settled in Sheboygan. Soon after arriving here he obtained employment in a foundry and later became connected with the Suefelt factory, where he remained for some time. In 1876 he conducted a small blacksmith shop in a building which still stands beside the new factory.

Mr. Beutel was married, November 13, 1871, to Augusta Ulrich, a daughter of Charles and Hannah (Fessler) Ulrich, who emigrated with their family to America from Germany in 1853. They settled on a farm in Sheboygan county, near Plymouth, where they lived until 1882, when they removed to Neillsville, Wisconsin, and again took up agricultural pursuits, which they followed until their death, the mother passing away in 1884 and the father dying a year later.

In the.family of Mr. and Mrs. Beutel were nine children, three of whom survive, namely: Henrietta, who married Alfred Balzer, an engineer, and has one son, Milton, who resides in Sheboygan; William; and Albert, who is married. Mrs. Beutel still lives in the old home at No. 1208 North Ninth street, Sheboygan, and is well and favorably known by practically all the people of the city.

August Beutel, who for many years was connected with the manufacturing interests of the city, was a man of sterling, integrity and possessed a character, temperament and disposition which surrounded him with many friends. He always gave the closest attention to every detail of his business and though it grew in later years to considerable proportions he still found time to devote his attention to social and religious matters. He was a prominent figure in manufacturing and business circles and the business interests of the city suffered not a little by his passing.


Source

Information gathered and adapted from History of Sheboygan County, Wisconsin, Past and Present
Carl Zillier, Editor
Pubished by The S.J. Clarke Publishing Company, 1912, Chicago, IL