William F. Bahlow is the owner and manager of the fifty-three acre farm on section 5, Wilson township, which formerly belonged to his father. He is doing a general farming business but makes a specialty of dairying and sells cream to the cheese factories. He was born at Sheboygan Falls, August 28, 188o, a son of Charles B. Bahlow, who was born at the same place, October 2, 1857.
The grandfather, Ferdinand Bahlow, was born near Berlin, Germany, and emigrated to Wisconsin in 1853, settling in Sheboygan. Later he removed to Sheboygan Falls where he bought a farm upon which he resided until 1897, when he retired to Sheboygan and there lived until his death, which occurred in August, 1908, when he was eighty-four years of age. His wife, Hannah (Siever) Bahlow, was also a native of Germany, her marriage having been celebrated in the fatherland. She passed away November 6, 1896, at the age of seventy-four years, her death occurring on the old homestead in Wilson township. In their family were three children: Charles B., the father of our subject; Minnie, the wife of Herman Widder, of Sheboygan; and Anna, the wife of Joseph Hertel, of Calumet county, Wisconsin.
Charles Bahlow was educated in the common schools of Sheboygan Falls and as a boy learned the carpenter's trade, which he followed until about 1902, when he retired from active work and five years later removed to Sheboygan Falls, where he is now living. His wife, Ricka (Kroeger) Bahlow, was a daughter of Christian Kroeger, a farmer of Sheboygan Falls township. She was born December 23, 1860, in that township, and by her marriage became the mother of three children: William F. ; Otto, who is engaged in farming in Wilson township; and Ella, the wife of William Adams, of Wilson.
William F. Bahlow was educated in the common schools of Wilson township and later took a course in the German school at Sheboygan Falls, being confirmed there on the 7th of April, 1895. After laying aside his text-books he learned the carpenter's trade, a vocation which he followed for eleven years. In 1907 he purchased a farm which his father had previously owned on section 5, in Wilson township, which comprises fifty-three acres of well improved and highly fertilized land, and he is devoting his attention chiefly to dairying, disposing of his milk and cream to the cheese factories in the neighborhood.
Mr. Bahlow was married in Sheboygan Falls township, April 6, 1907, to Miss Leonora Hemschemeyer, a daughter of Christ and Louis (Goebel) Hemschemeyer. Her father, a blacksmith by trade, resides at Sheboygan Falls. Unto Mr. and Mrs. Bahlow have been born three children: Edwin, aged three years, Norma, aged two years; and Melvin B., who was born January 10, 1912.
Mr. Bahlow is recognized as one of the substantial farmers of the community. He possesses an excellent reputation, stands high in the community and is respected by all who know him.
Information gathered and adapted from History of Sheboygan County, Wisconsin, Past and Present
Carl Zillier, Editor
Pubished by The S.J. Clarke Publishing Company, 1912, Chicago, IL